Miami, Florida

Had knee surgery, same day after surgery got a knock on the door with a delivery of a drink cooler with a knee cuff ,literally.Look it up it is called aircast.

Ok, so I was a little groggy and in pain so I signed for it. First mistake, I am new to this. Well a month later I receive a bill from carecentrix - $69.52 for the cuff and $148.98 for the cooler. Now here is the clincher, they charged Cigna $900 + for these items that can be easily order online for $180 and want an additional $218.50 from me.

I am protesting the charge with Cigna and have reported them for fraud and price gouging.

No accountability from Carecentrix.They are ripping off the insurance company and the public.

Reason of review: price gouging for medical need.

I didn't like: Price gouging.

Had an Experience with Carecentrix?

Comments

Round Lake, Illinois, United States #1213090

Did Cigna actually pay any money? Most of the time these coolers are not covered items....so regardless of what they billed it for - it will never be paid.

ouch

Definitely a rip off, they will make up some bull *** excuse, oops did we do that?Our bad!

But I will say I used one of those after shoulder surgery and it was a life saver.

I was able to borrow mine from the nurse home rehab department I worked at.Good luck in your recovery.