Had knee surgery, same day after surgery got a knock on the door with a delivery of a drink cooler with a knee cuff ,literally. Look it up it is called aircast.

Ok, so I was a little groggy and in pain so I signed for it. First mistake, I am new to this. Well a month later I receive a bill from carecentrix - $69.52 for the cuff and $148.98 for the cooler. Now here is the clincher, they charged Cigna $900 + for these items that can be easily order online for $180 and want an additional $218.50 from me.

I am protesting the charge with Cigna and have reported them for fraud and price gouging.

No accountability from Carecentrix. They are ripping off the insurance company and the public.

Reason of review: price gouging for medical need.

I didn't like: Price gouging.

Comments

Round Lake, Illinois, United States #1213090

Did Cigna actually pay any money? Most of the time these coolers are not covered items....so regardless of what they billed it for - it will never be paid.

Definitely a rip off, they will make up some bull *** excuse, oops did we do that? Our bad!

But I will say I used one of those after shoulder surgery and it was a life saver.

I was able to borrow mine from the nurse home rehab department I worked at. Good luck in your recovery.